Sunday, May 6, 2007

Week Seven TextBlog Entry Five My Break ( Draft Two )

During the holiday break, as an Orthodox Church follower, on Good Friday I went to church and stayed the whole day without food and drink until 6 pm. During this time we were praying to our God. After that, from Saturday night till Sunday morning we stayed the whole night in the church. Many people from my Christian community were there and we were praying and singing religious songs. Easter is one of our biggest holidaies, for this reason we have to prepare many things such as food, drinks and so on. After the worship was finished, we had a ceremony in the church where we gathered together with foods and drink. By the way, before Easter we had been fasting for nearly two months, which means we did not eat dairy products. As a mum of two young children, I spent a lot of my break time with them. I had a good break with my children and my husband. I hope you had a wonderful time too.

No comments: